Prescribing Paramedics are highly skilled practitioners who continue to play an increased role in the wider NHS team. For the NHS, maximising advanced paramedics’ skills is essential as it reduces demand for other services as well as reducing costs. You, as an Advanced Prescribing Paramedic will have to work autonomously within the Primary Care Network examining/ undertaking assessments of adults and children who present with minor illness and injury; to determine a clinical diagnosis, treatment, referral or appropriate discharge within your professional boundaries and in line with training, skills and competencies. You will have to work collaboratively with the team to meet the needs of patients, supporting the delivery of policy and procedures.
- Registered Paramedic with current registration with the Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC)
- Post registration certificate in Minor illness/injury
- Post registration qualification Advanced Paramedic Practice, autonomous practice or equivalent
- V300 Independent and Supplementary Prescribing
- Teaching and assessing qualification
- Masters level Qualification
- PILS ( Paediatric Immediate Life Support) training